But where a secure Wi-Fi connection isn’t available, we’re forced to use our mobile data - and it sometimes feels like no data allowance is large enough for everything we do in a month. Our £25 bundle allows you to purchase 15GB of 4G data, along with unlimited minutes and unlimited texts.
But what is data, why is it so important and what can you really do with 15GB? Let’s take a look now!
Let’s start with the basics. Simply put, data is a mobile internet connection which allows you to browse the web and use apps without the need for Wi-Fi. Mobile data connections usually fall under the 3G or 4G categories (but older connection types still exist, especially in more rural areas), and allow you to access the internet at speeds equal or sometimes even faster than those of Wi-Fi connections.
What even is a GB? Also known as gigabytes, GBs are a digital unit of measurement that determines how much information can be processed. Each time you use the internet, your mobile provider processes information through a network of protocols - in other words, it sends and receives data.
Mobile phone contracts and bundles often start at 250MB (megabytes) of data, which is perfect for light users who only need to send a few emails a week or who only very occasionally check their social media accounts. However, those who spend most of their free time scrolling through their Instagram feed or using music streaming services will benefit from a much larger allowance. If you find yourself constantly running out of data, read our guide with great tips on how to stop using all of your mobile data.
Already know how much data you want? Check out our Bundles here. Alternatively, take a look at our handy list to find out how much your data allowance can get you*! From emails to music streaming, there’s something to suit everyone.
- 1GB: Send 5,000 emails
- 2GB: Watch 200 cat videos on YouTube
- 3GB: Browse Facebook for 150 hours
- 4GB: Browse the web for 180 hours
- 5GB: Scroll through Instagram for 15 hours
- 6GB: Stream the Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended edition!)
- 7GB: Receive 4,000 Snapchat messages from your friends
- 8GB: Video chat on Skype or FaceTime for 18 hours
- 9GB: Listen to 100 hours of your favourite podcast
- 10GB: Stream 2,500 songs on Spotify
- 11GB: Send 400,000 messages on WhatsApp or Messenger
- 12GB: Watch 30 episodes of Game of Thrones
- 15GB: Watch 21 Netflix movies in Standard Definition or 5 in High Definition
*All the above is subject to other data usage. When you find the perfect amount of GB, why not take a look at our amazing value bundles? You can even use our bundle calculator to mix and match your data needs with your calls and texts and get a perfectly tailored bundle, just for you.