For those of you struggling to decide what to watch this December, we have gathered a list of the latest films on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Freeview TV and DVD.
- What’s NEW on Netflix this December?
- Christmas Classics on Netflix
- What’s NEW on Amazon Prime this December?
- Christmas Classics on Prime
- What classics are on TV in December?
- Asda - 3 DVD's for £20 Offer
If you are on the road for whatever reason over Christmas, and wish to stream the latest movies on your phone or tablet. With ASDA Mobile you can get a 12GB data plan, you’ll be able to stream movies online anywhere, anytime, without burning through your data 20 minutes into your favourite film - why not watch in full HD.
The Christmas Chronicles - Two siblings team up with Santa Claus for a high-flying holiday adventure. A new Christmas classic from the makers of "Harry Potter" and "Home Alone."
The Princess Switch - A down-to-earth baker and a soon-to-be princess discover they look like identical twins, they decide to trade places resulting in serious consequences.
The Holiday Calendar - A talented photographer inherits an antique Advent calendar from her grandmother that may be predicting the future and point her towards true love.
Mowgli (7 December) - An Netflix adaptation of The Jungle Book. A human child raised by wolves must face off against a menacing tiger named Shere Khan, as well as his own origins.
There are lots of films to choose from but our top Children's Christmas Film's are as follows:
- The Nightmare before Christmas - A Tim Burton classic, Jack Skellington discovers Christmas Town and attempts to bring Christmas back to Halloweentown which causes a great deal of confusion.
- Home Alone 1 - The classic 1990 Home Alone with Macaulay Culkin. An eight year old troublemaker gets left home alone while his parents jet off for Christmas, he must protect his house from two burglars. Buy Home Alone 1 & 2 for £3 from Asda
- Arthur Christmas - Arthur (Santa’s clumsy son) sets out on a mission with St. Nicks father to give out a misplaced Christmas present. Buy the DVD just £5 from Asda.
- Jingle all the way - A dad vows to get his son a Turbo Man figure for Christmas, however every store has sold out meaning he has to compete with everyone else to get his hands on one!
- Shrek 1 and 2 - Join Shrek in his quest to rescue Princess Fiona from the Dragon guarded tower in order to get his swamp back.
Looking for a Disney Film that isn't on Netflix? Try Asda’s Disney DVD and Blu Ray collection which has so many enjoyable children's movies such as; The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Moana, Tangled and Frozen. If Disney films and cartoons arent your cup of tea there are dozens of movies for parents to watch on Netflix.
Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Not exactly a Christmas film, but definitely a classic!
Scrooged - The 1988 classic with Bill Murray who plays a cynical tv executive who is haunted by three Christmas spirits!
Love Actually - Follows the lives of eight very different interrelated couples in the run up to Christmas - Love Actually, everyone’s mum’s favourite Christmas film.
The Wolf of Wallstreet - Follows Jordan Belfort (Leonardo Dicaprio) who starts as a stockbroker on Wall Street. As he makes more money he sets up his own firm, conning wealthy financiers out of their fortunes.
Krampus - Christmas horror-comedy movie Krampus, starring Adam Scott, is one of the only films that manages to mix Christmas legends with genuine scares and lots of laughs
Amazon Prime’s Christmas film lineup is extremely impressive! The Marvelous Mrs Maisel Season 2 will be out on December 5th and they are adding multiple classic movies throughout the rest of December. Including Groundhog Day (December 1), Line of Duty (December 1), Evan Almighty (Dec 16), The Big Short (December 23), Iron Man 2 (December 25) and more classics such as..
- A Clockwork Orange (Dec 1)
- Happily N’Ever After 1 and 2 (Dec 1)
- The Firm (Dec 1)
- Wild Wild West (Dec 1)
- Before I Fall (Dec 8)
- Evan Almighty (Dec 16)
- Iron Man 2 (Dec 25)
- Hereditary (Dec 27)
If you don’t fancy any of these movies then there are hundreds of different films to choose from. There are lots of Christmas films to keep the kids quiet whilst you’re cooking Christmas dinner.
- Elf - Will Ferrell fans will love this. A man raised as an Elf and the North Pole is sent to the United States to find his true identity. Buy the DVD to watch anytime for just £3 at Asda.
- The Polar Express - On Christmas Eve a boy embarks magical adventure to the North Pole on the Polar Express.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas - The Grinch is a green monster who is planning to ruin Christmas. Buy for just £3 from Asda.
- The Muppets Christmas Carol - The muppets version of the classic Christmas Eve tale.
For adults searching for a Christmas movie or some classic home cinema see our Amazon Prime list of films below:
- The Commuter - An Insurance Salesman/Ex-Cop is caught up in a criminal conspiracy during his daily commute home.
- The Holiday - Rom-com lovers, this one’s for you: Nancy Meyers’ The Holiday is now available to stream on Amazon Prime.
- Four Christmases - A couple struggles to visit all four of their divorced parents on Christmas.
- War Dogs - Loosely based on the true story of two young men, David Packouz and Efraim Diveroli, who won a three hundred million dollar contract from the Pentagon to arm America's allies in Afghanistan.
- Arrival - A linguist is recruited by the military to communicate with alien lifeforms after mysterious spacecrafts land on Earth.
- Moonlight - A chronicle of the childhood, adolescence and burgeoning adulthood of a young, African-American, gay man growing up in a rough neighborhood of Miami.
- It’s a Wonderful Life - Is there a more iconic Christmas film? When George Bailey wishes he’d never been born, his guardian angel decides to show him how much of an impact George has had on his community.
Still can't find what you’re looking for? There are lots of fantastic family films available on Freeview over Christmas. But this is the Christmas film lineup over the next 7 days:
- The Island - 06/12/18 - 5* - 23:00
- Allied - 08/12/18 - Channel 4 - 21:00
- Everist - 09/12/18 - Channel 4 - 18:35
- Pitch Perfect - 10/12/18 - Film 4 - 23:35
- The Internship - 11/12/18 - Channel 5 +1 - 00:00
A DVD set makes the perfect Christmas present for anyone who loves TV and film. What's more is you can pick up DVD's for a couple of pounds - perfect for stocking fillers!
Currently at Asda you can pick up to 3 of the latest DVDs or music CD’s for £20 with their mix and match offer. Pick from a range of films including Sicario 2, Star Wars the Last Jedi, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and The Greatest Showman.
- Harry Potter Complete 8 Film DVD Collection - £35
- Mama Mia 1 & 2 with Sing-A-Long - £15
- Solo: A Star Wars Story - £10