One of the most popular apps that calculates your daily calorie intake and logs what you eat throughout the day. MyFitnessPal is a top pick for counting calories as it has an extensive database of foods that you can find.
- Barcode Scanner - Over 4 million barcodes are recognised
- Vast Food Database - Over 6 million foods in the database
- Recipe Importer - Import the nutrition info for the recipes you cook
- Personalised Experience - Create your own items and meals
- Track All Nutrients - Protein, carbs, fats and more
Calorie Counter by FatSecret
Alongside tracking food, you can interact with other individuals who are also on their fitness journey. Having this interaction with others can help increase your motivation. As a result, you could be more successful in reaching your goal.
- Barcode Scanner
- Integrated with Apple’s Health App
- An online community to provide support and help with your weight loss
- Exercise Diary - Help record all the calories you burn
- Reminders for meals, weigh-ins and journals
Fooducate offers an additional feature to the basic weight loss tracking and counting calories - it also helps you in examining the value of your calorie intake. The app will analyse information found in product nutrition panels. Scanning the product will show you things such as added sugars, artificial sweeteners and much more. Seeing this will hopefully encourage you to make healthier food choices so you’ll, therefore, see further results.
- Integrated with Apple’s Health app
- Track your sleep, mood and hunger levels
- Track the quality of your calories
- Free weight loss tips
- Discover things manufacturers don’t want you to notice
View this app as your virtual online coach that teaches you how to eat on time, eat healthily and keep fit. Lifesum monitors how often you exercise and will send daily reminders to help you stay on track.
- Barcode Scanner
- Macro Tracker - Keep an eye on daily nutrition and calories
- Healthy Meal Recipes - Introduce new healthy food ideas
- Meal Planner - To help you stick to your meal plan
- Daily Feedback - Keeping you focused and motivated
Lose It! creates a custom weight loss plan for you once you have input your profile details with your goal weight. This app then calculates the daily calorie budget that is best for you. By entering your details and calories, you will learn about your habits through this app that will help you identify what is helping your progress.
- Barcode Scanner - Quickly scan food barcodes to add to your diary
- Photo Recognition - Log your food by taking a photo of your food
- Extensive Food Library Database - Over 27+ million searchable foods
- Challenges - Fun weight loss and exercise challenges
- Workout Guides - Library of workouts to guide you
To kickstart your new diet for 2020, use one of these great apps. If you’re struggling to find the right match for you, you can download and experience each app hands-on, completely free of charge!
Since the new year is a time for a change, maybe it’s time to move away from your phone contract to pay-as-you-go? Asda Mobile has some great 30-day bundles on offer for you.