FREE - offers in-app purchases
This exciting little app comes with three features that children can use to keep track of where Santa Claus is:
- Track location - you can track Santa’s location with the real-time map, showing his distance away from your home. On December 24th, follow his sleigh as he travels around the world delivering presents.
- Christmas Countdown - watch the countdown tick in real time, getting closer and closer to Christmas Day. Show the timer off to your friends to display how many sleeps are left until the 25th.
- Santa’s Status Check - see what Santa is up to each day, including how many cookies he’s eaten during his journey, and how much milk he’s drunk at houses.
For some light-hearted, Santa-themed fun, the tracker and countdown app will provide excitement and entertainment for all Christmas lovers.
FREE - offers in-app purchases
Add Christmas and winter themed effects to all of your images with this photo app. Simply snap a shot of yourself or someone else, and experiment with creative filters and borders to sprinkle some holiday cheer over your selfies.
- This app comes with a library of 100 Christmas effects, frames and filters
- Edit your photos with unique filters like sepia and vintage
- Choose from templates to create greeting cards, calendars, and phone backgrounds with your Christmas-themed photos
- Share with your friends and on social media to spread the excitement for Christmas Day
Get creative with this app by adding holiday borders, festive filters, and unique effects to every photo you take. Children and adults alike can enjoy using this app over the festive period.
Apple - £2.99
Android - FREE
Use this Christmas List App to keep track of your budget and what you’re purchasing for each member of your family or friend group. Spend less time looking around for gifts, and more time planning and distributing your budget to buy the gifts you know will truly matter.
- Track your gifts by categorising them into folders: To Do, Purchased, Shipping, Received, Wrapped
- Budget - set budgets for each person so you don’t overspend this holiday season. This app has been recommended by multiple money-managing websites like Good Housekeeping, The Motley Fool, mint.com, BankRate.com, and CNBC
- The app remembers the stores you select and automatically builds a shopping list for that particular retail department so you don’t miss a single thing while out
- Add photos to your list next to certain gifts
- Christmas countdown so you know how long you have until the big day
Keep yourself organised and stress-free this Christmas with this adaptable and versatile shopping list app.
Using the Twinkly app, you can control and activate your LED string lights. Wrap them around your tree, then use the app to choose either a pre-loaded effect or create your own colour scheme.
- Design your own light pattern by drawing on the app
- Compatible with smart home technology and Google Assistant
- Alter and switch your lights for a completely customisable experience
Arrange your colours the way you want using the app, without having to settle for standard white or flashing store-bought lights.
FREE - offers in-app purchases [premium upgrade to remove ads]
This app allows children to call Santa and find out if they’re on his naughty or nice list this Christmas. They can also receive phone calls back from St. Nick himself.
- Built-in mobile feature which allows children to reach Santa’s voicemail, leave a video message, and find out which list they’re on
- Choose from 3 personalised video messages
- Parents can customise the experience to make it more lifelike by adding personal details, such as the name, age and interests of the child
- Track Santa’s whereabouts, check the weather for the North Pole, learn the names of his reindeers, and watch the countdown till Christmas
- Premium option removes ads and allows for an extra Christmas Eve message from Santa
Reignite the belief in magic for your children this Christmas by letting them talk to their Christmas hero.
Enjoy using these apps in the run up to Christmas and during the festive period. Keep in touch with friends and family during this special time with a SIM only bundle from Asda Mobile, with deals starting at just £5!
If you’re looking for other ways to keep your children focused over the festive period, take a look at the best educational apps for Android and iOS. You may also want to consider downloading some sanity-saving apps for the Christmas break!