In this iPhone 11 guide we’ll cover:
All costs were correct as of 09/09/20
You can buy the iPhone 11 handset outright from £549, or £22 per month for 2 years. The lowest price is only possible if you trade in another iPhone model, otherwise you’re looking at £729 for the 64GB version.
If you want to purchase the 11 with more storage, you’re going to have to pay for it! The128GB version will cost you £779, whereas 256GB will cost you £879.
Interested in the next generation? Find out how much the iPhone 12 could cost you.
If you’re looking for a phone with style, the iPhone 11 comes in a range of colours, including:
As expected, it carries the same sleek, neatly-curved style of other iPhones.
The iPhone 11 is built with aerospace-grade aluminium and glass, making it strong and durable against scratches, bumps, and water. With a water-resistant rating of IP68, it can be submerged for a maximum of 30 minutes at a depth of 1.5 metres.
The glass design of the iPhone 11 makes it compatible with wireless charging.
The iPhone 11 has a 6.1 inch Liquid Retina display, which provides bright, vivid and colourful imagery for a pleasing screen experience. It has an LCD display rather than an OLED screen, which makes it slightly cheaper compared to other iPhones.
The phone can adjust the white balance on your screen to match the colour and light around you, for easy usage and less strain on the eyes.
The iPhone 11 (like some of its predecessors) has an automatic screen ‘wake up’ option that lights your screen when it moves.
The iPhone 11 has a dual-camera system for wide and ultra-wide images:
- 12MP Wide: 100% focus pixels for 3x faster autofocus in low light
- 12MP Ultra Wide: 4x more landscape scene
The iPhone 11, like most Apple phones, comes with a number of creative features that enhance your photos and videos:
- 4K video at 60fps (frames per second)
- QuickTake video allows you to hold the shutters
- Video and audio zoom
- Night mode - colours are brighter and natural even in low light, without the need for flash
- Portrait mode enhanced by the High-Key Light Mono effect from the iOS 13 update
- HDR technology recognises and enhances faces, skin tones, highlights, and shadows
- Slow-motion selfie - 120fps
Battery life is increasingly important as we use our phones for multiple tasks per day, all of which can rapidly drain its charge.
The iPhone 11 has a battery capacity of 3110mAh, which when casually used will last most of the day. Any mobile data usage will drain your battery further.
As mentioned earlier, the iPhone 11 is compatible with Qi standard wireless charging, but you can still charge it with a lightning cable if you choose.
With Fast Charging activated on the iPhone 11, you can charge the battery up to 50% in 30 minutes.
The iPhone 11 boasts an array of exciting hardware and software features that enhance your mobile phone experience.
- iOS 13 operating system, although this’ll soon be replaced by iOS 14
- A13 Bionic chip processor for smoother and faster performance
- Face ID to unlock your phone and specific apps, as well as complete payments
- U1 chip for improved geographical and spatial awareness
- Wi-Fi 6 allows you to download up to 38% faster
- Audio sharing for AirPods
- Compatible with Beats
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
Hope you found our guide to the iPhone 11 useful. Don’t forget there’s more to the 11 family, including the Pro and XR.
No longer think the 11 is right for you? Take a look at some other iPhone options.
For the latest guides, reviews and news, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!