Slang words, although grammatically incorrect, are always fun to incorporate into your online messaging. From abbreviations to completely new words and phrases, the online world of instant messaging has become a rather fascinating one.
Let us introduce you to our top online slang words for you to familiarise yourself with:
- YOLO - An acronym for ‘You only live once’ - ever in doubt
- GOAT - An acronym that stands for ‘greatest of all time’
- Lit - If something is ‘lit’ it means cool / epic - e.g that concert last night was lit!
- Extra - Used for when someone is being over the top / overdramatic
- Bae - Abbreviation for ‘before anyone else’
- Tea - Meaning ‘gossip’ - so if you spill ‘tea’ about someone, you’re gossiping behind their back. Not to be confused with the hot drink or term for dinner!
- Fire - The term used to describe someone if they are ‘attractive’ e.g - “That girl looks fire!”
- Shade - When you disrespect someone or something - you are ‘throwing shade’
- Savage - If you’re acting ‘savage’ you are someone with no filter
- BTW - By the way
- G2G - Got to go
- TBH - Abbreviation for ‘to be honest’
- Totes - Abbreviation for ‘totally’ - e.g: that was totes amazing!
- Awks - Abbreviation for ‘awkward’ - useful if you can’t be bothered to type out the whole word!
- LOL - Short for ‘laugh out loud’ - often mistaken by the older generation as ‘lots of love’, so don’t get confused!
Looking for the right network to start sending some mobile slang? Check out our incredible 30-day bundles which offer you enough texts and internet data to slang away until your heart's content.