Asda Mobile Makes it Easy
Trying to remember a new mobile number can take months - especially when you prefer your old one! Those of you switching will be glad to hear that you can keep your old number when joining Asda Mobile. Likewise, if you’re leaving us, leaving is easy too!
Joining or leaving us and want to keep your number - follow these simple steps:
- Request your PAC or STAC code from your current provider - Request your PAC or STAC code from your current provider which you'll need to give to us. PAC codes are for when you want to keep your current number. STAC codes are for those who want a new number.
- Receive your PAC or STAC code - Your current provider will send you your PAC or STAC code, along with information about any early termination charges, outstanding handset costs, or pay-as-you-go credit balances.
- Give us your PAC or STAC code - Once you've got your PAC code call us from your new SIM on 2732 or 0800 079 2732 from any other phone (free of charge), remember to keep the temporary number that comes with your new SIM to hand. You may wish to use this until your old number moves over to Asda Mobile.
It's that easy.
- Request your PAC or STAC code from us - Request your PAC or STAC code from us which you'll need to give to your new provider. Request your code via text, phone or through our contact form.
- Receive your PAC or STAC code - We'll provide you with your PAC or STAC code, along with information about any early termination charges, outstanding handset costs, or pay-as-you-go credit balances.
- Give your new provider your PAC or STAC code - Send your PAC or STAC code to your new provider. They must arrange your switch within one working day after receiving your request. For details on how to request your PAC/STAC by text click here.
What is a PAC Code?
A PAC code allows you to take your old mobile number with you when you change networks. Once you have received your PAC code it will be valid for 30-days. If you decide not to use your PAC code, your account will stay open and you'll still be charged for services.
What is a STAC code?
A 'service termination authorisation code' (or STAC code), allows you to disconnect your old mobile number when you take out a new number when you change networks.
A STAC code is valid for 30 days, if you decide not to use your STAC code, your account will stay open and you'll still be charged for services.
Going SIM Only?
When you go SIM only, there is no additional phone expense, no need to worry about transferring your data, all you need to do is to simply order our free multi-SIM card.
How to add your SIM Card?
You don't need to worry whether or not you have ordered the correct SIM. We will send you all three type of SIM cards in one (standard, micro and nano). Simply pop out the correct SIM for your phone. Our SIM cards will work in any unlocked mobile phone. Port your old number over to the new SIM card and all else remains the same. You're Welcome!