If you’re using your phone in the UK, the following rates will apply on our pay as you go service.
If you’re going abroad, check out our roaming rates here.
† Calling the Call Centre (2732) from your Asda mobile is free for the IVR, to speak to a colleague there will be a 25p one off cost. Calling the Call Centre (0800 952 0393) from a UK Landline is free.
* Roaming rates apply if abroad
All call charges are per minute
Clear charges before you dial
Do you ever dial numbers beginning 08, 09 or 118? They’re known as ‘service numbers’. You might use them to contact companies and services over the phone. The cost of calling these numbers varies a lot. Some cost a few pence, while some charge you several pounds. That’s why new rules are coming, to make the cost clear before you dial.
One call, two parts
From 1 July 2015, whenever you call a service number from a landline or mobile, your call cost will be made up of two clear parts.
- The ‘access charge’: This goes to your phone company for connecting you to the service you want.
- The ‘service charge’: This is set by the organisation or service you are calling.
For the access charge, look on your phone bill or speak to your phone company. You’ll find the service charge wherever the number is advertised. So for the total cost of the call, simply add those two charges together.
Freephone from mobiles
Also changing: calls to ‘Freephone’ numbers (which start 0800 or 0808)will be free from all consumer mobiles and landlines. So no matter how you call them, it will always be free.
All these changes happen on 1 July 2015. For more information, visit www.ukcalling.info
Next Generation Text Relay Service
Next Generation Text Relay Service (NGTS) is a service that allows people with speaking or hearing difficulties to communicate over the phone. NGTS works in a few different ways;
- Type & Read - A person can enter text and this will be received as text in real time
- Speak & Read - A person can speak down the phone and this will be converted to text for the recipient to read
- Type & Hear - A person can enter text which will be relayed to the recipient as speech
- Speak & Hear - A person who has some difficulty speaking and hearing can have what they are saying and hearing relayed by a third party.
For more information please visit the next generation text relay site here.
To make a call using the NGTS service, you need to enter a prefix before the number you want to call.
- 18000 - used to contact the emergency services instead of 999. This service is free.
- 18001 - used when making a call using the Type & Read, Speak & Read or Type & Hear services. This service is free.
- 18002 - used when making a call using the Speak & Hear service. This service is charged at the standard rate.
Text Relay is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.